Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 71 - Sunday Lunch

Another stupidly hot day in the kitchen! Temperatures outside were in the low 30's, but the kitchen was in the low 40's. For any fellow chefs out there reading this, you know how I felt!

Service was good, if a little less than we we would have liked, but still had 26. I think its getting too hot at lunch time to eat a full 3 course roast. I also notice that some of the 'wintery dessets' i.e, crumbles and bread & butter pudding etc are becoming less popular and desserts like 'Eton Mess' and Cheesecake are selling out. Its gotta be a heat thing..........

Sold out of lamb again, which is heartening, however I did manage to stash a little away for our friend Sharon whose birthday it was today, (Happy Birthday Sharon). She had expressed an interest in it on Friday when I posted a picture of  it marinading, so I thought the least I could do would be to save her some. Not sure if she liked it yet as I havent heard from her since giving it to her. Got excellent comments from the diners again today, which gives you lift and sense of achievement after all the hours of work you put in. It makes the hot, sticky day seem a little less stressed. Here are some piccies of todays food.....






I'm hungry now! Back to my crispbreads though!

Managed a little swim this afternoon and am going to try and step it up this week as I desperately want to be 17 stone something on Saturday! I need to get back and focus on the eating plan and start creating some 'interesting food'. I think I'm goiong to try and create a lowish calorie 'creamy' pasta. 'Creamy pasta' I hear you say...... It can be done,...watch this space.....

Its 1.15am and time for bed. take care all, sleep well and I'll be here again tomorrow

Slimbo!

1 comment:

  1. lamb looks great, not had roast lamb in ages.... what are crispbread? you mean that saw dusty, chip board type stuff?

    ReplyDelete