Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 207 & 208 - Finally, more had the menu than the 'all you can eat', yipee!

Thursday is prep day and it was spent listening to Ed Sheeran and Michael MacDonald. A bit of new and a bit of old, both completely different genres, but both excellent in their own way. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to both.

On to the food...

Although I like to change the menu as often as possible, I have stuck with the confit of duck leg now for about 4 weeks as I keep getting really good feedback, and everyone keeps ordering it, so it's going nowhere for the moment! If you've never tried it before, it really is worth giving it a go. Bags of flavour, and I think the canellini bean and bacon goes really well with it. Here's a piccy...


I also reverted back to an old favourite of mine, roasted pork loin with lentils. I didn't stuff it this time, as sometimes I think it's nice to taste meat just as it is, without any outside flavourings...


On to the salad bar....

I made cous cous with sundried tomatoes, coriander, apricots, courgette and aubergine,and it was jolly lovely!

For the pasta salad, I used some lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, white wine vinegar, olive oil,  and black olives. I wouldn't normally use those packets of 3 coloured pasta, as I think it's more for kids really, but I thought the colours might go quite well. I cooked the pasta in chicken stock instead of plain water for a little extra flavour, and it worked quite well...


I also made some coleslaw, and here they are in the 'salad bar'...


For the first time ever, MORE PEOPLE HAD THE SET MENU THAN HAD THE 'ALL YOU CAN EAT'. Yipee! Although we only had 14, 8 had the menu. Finally!

Today was a very busy day in the cafe. For 3 hours at lunchtime, it was like an August day full of holiday makers. It was unbelievable. Wave after wave of customers sitting inside and out. Unfortunately, some walking past as they couldn't get in. Not bad for the last week of October!

Tonight was pretty average with 32 portions of fish and chips being served, so all in all, a very good day financially.

I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be an equally busy day! We have the early morning shop to do BEFORE getting to work, I have to pop to the Beauty Box to be weighed, we have a full day at work tomorrow, and have 20 already booked in for tomorrow night. For those of you who regularly follow the blog, you will know that Saturday's can be pretty quiet affairs, so to have 20 booked is good news. I'll let you all know how the weigh in went in the morning.

I'm off to watch Eastenders and play a little 'Songpop', so I'll speak to you all tomorrow.

Jimbo



No comments:

Post a Comment