Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 190 & 191 - A day off and a little too much indulgence!

I had a day off yesterday, and I have to confess to indulging rather a little too much where drink and food were concerned! We headed off to Alicante, as that's where the nearest 'Primark' is, to purchase a  duvet and get Harrison some winter stuff, as he's grown out of all last years things. Alas, before Primark, I found a restaurant selling 'pinchos'. For those of you unfamiliar with pinchos, they are simply pieces of sliced baguette, topped with a vast array of yummy things. Here is what I was sitting in front of for about an hour!...


Apart from what you can see in the picture, every 10 minutes or so, a waiter would appear from the kitchen with some hot pinchos and offer them to the customers. Problem was, we were the only customers! I was soooo strong when declining the continous offers of food heaven, but the bugger left them in front of me on top of the display unit. I must confess to weakening completely, and devouring 8! And yes, that's my beer you can see! Ok, I had 2!

With a full belly, I finished shopping and headed back to collect Harrison from school. Riddled with guilt from the excessive feasting at lunch time, I hit the pool for half an hour and swam like there was no tomorrow!...

On to the evening....

We had been invited out for some tapas and a drink that evening by our good friends Victoria and Ian. With Grandad looking after Harrison, we headed off to one of my favourite eateries, 'La Picaeta'. Oh dear... Once again I succumbed to the temptations of tapas! Proper tapas. Freshly made morsels of loveliness! There were some exceptional ones as always, but the one that did it for me was the 'belly pork, goats cheese, caramelised onion, foie gras and balsamic on lightly toasted bread. Absolutely different class... Here is a picture of it. It may not look as good as it tasted, but let me reassure you all that it's one of the nicest things I have EVER tasted...

So, I must confess to eating 6 more tapas and drinking a bottle of wine! Not good I know, but just one of the reasons that I think 'diets' don't work. I know I have over done it, and I'll simply make up for it but upping the exercise and eating less for the next few days. Something tells me that I wont have worked it off by Saturday's weigh in though.

After tapas, we headed of to a local bar that has a few pool tables. Ian's pretty good and I used to be fairly decent ,so we decided to have a few frames. before we could grab a table, we were accosted by 2 Romanians asking if we wanted to play for a few quid! To cut a long story short, at 3.30 am, we walked out of the bar a few quid richer than we had walked in! I was a good little boy as well and only drank water! Thank you Vic and Ian for a really good night out...

Waking up this morning after 4 hours sleep wasn't fun, but none the less, off we headed to work. If you can call it work. We virtually did nothing all day! As well as being a national holiday, (therefore all the shops were closed and there was no reason for anyone to come into town), the roadworks are still outside. In our absence yesterday, there was still no work done. The biggest fiesta of the year, The 'Moors & Christians' parade will be trundling down our street for 4 hours in 11 days time. If the work is not finished by then, it cannot take place. If it doesn't take place, we will lose approximately 2500€. What are these muppets doing? I have taken a few photos of the roadworks and the state of the street for you to peruse...



I don't know much about the roadwork industry, but it doesn't look like its going to get finished to me. Baring in mind that Friday is another national holiday and they won't be working, they only have 7 working days left. NO chance...

You will notice that we have stuck a cheeky chair and table outside! I don't for 1 minute expect anyone to sit on it, but it makes me feel rebellious! I tell a lie, a chap popped out for a fag while having his coffee this morning!

It was another ridiculously hot day again today. No, you're not reading an exert from one of my August blogs, but the last few days have gotten warmer and warmer. Here's the thermometer outside work at about 2pm today...


Yes, it really does say 45.1C! I popped over to the beach to see how things were and it was pretty busy... Not bad for October!


I arrived home and was determined to head straight for the pool, a) as I was still feeling guilty from yesterday's transgressions and b) how could you refuse this?...


The outdoor thermometer is in direct sunlight and I took this picture just before I dived in... Amazing for this time of the year

I enjoyed my swim and was treated to a very nice and semi healthy dinner made by Laura. It was a sort of cross between a frittata and a Spanish omelette and we had it with a little home made coleslaw pilfered from work and  simple rocket salad. Thoroughly enjoyed it...

Well, that's yer lot! I'm off to bed in a mo to try and catch up on some well needed sleep, so I will be back soon.

Take care all and good night
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment