Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 186 - Ok day considering the mayhem outside, and a busy night!

So, a slightly better day in the cafe today, even with the goings on outside. There were lots of workmen all beavering about today, but at the end of the day, not much seemed to have been achieved.... I'm a little worried as there seem to be some pipes lying on the ground outside. Surely they're not going to dig it up AGAIN! I'm hoping they are meant for the other side of the road, which is now also in full swing. Here they are...


I was a little peckish early on this morning, which is strange for me because I don't usually have anything until about 11am, so I decided on a mushroom and onion omelette. 3 eggs, a piece of wholemeal toast, 3 large mushrooms and 1/2 an onion. 450 calories and pretty filling! Here's what it looked like...


After wolfing that down, I headed off upstairs for my usual Thursday prep. I will show you tonight's menu, as its easier than typing it all out again!



I usually adorn my headphones and immerse myself in some music while prepping, and this week I chose 'Madness'. I had downloaded a  free 'ITunes' app a while ago, and I've been working my through it for the last few weeks. As a 'nipper', I suppose I must have been around 12 when I first started listening to them, I was hooked. I wasn't that bothered about the rest of the 'Ska' stuff, just Madness. There was something about them that 'The Specials' etc didn't have. I loved their music, and still play t
only 1 had the set menuhe 'Absolutely' album from time to time. However, I listened to them playing the I Tunes festival at the roundhouse in Chalk farm today and I was not impressed with their new stuff. They played a few oldies that had me singing along, but the recent stuff is not my cup of tea. I turned them off and listened to Alicia Keys instead!

So, with the dulcet tones and piano playing of Ms Keys ringing in my ears, I set about preparing tonight's fayre. There were the usual salad bar staples of coleslaw and potato salad,and today I added a pasta salad with chorizo, red pepper, oregano and black olives. This is what it looked like...


We had 19 in tonight, (it would have been 24, but a group of 5 came in, sat down, read the menus and then walked out!), and you guessed it, only 1 person had the set menu! Still, it meant that I got to serve the Roquefort, walnut, apple and rocket salad and the confit of duck leg, so I got to 'do my thing' for a little while! Some great feedback tonight, so although we didn't finish until nearly midnight, it was one of those nights where I felt like I actually achieved something...

On that note, I'm off to watch 'Eastenders'!

Nite nite all
speak soon

Jimbo




No comments:

Post a Comment