Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 192,193 &194 - The unearthing of 'Jiminestrone' soup!

My lack of appearance on here for the last couple of days probably tells you that not much has happened worth reporting.

Its been pretty okay at work, it's just a shame that we'll never know what we could have been doing if we had had our chairs and tables outside. The weather is still in the high 20's and people are still sitting outside and enjoying the sunshine. Alas, not at ours! Its been 6 weeks now, and it's gone way beyond a joke...

It has been a different story upstairs in the restaurant. Busy, busy, busy! The 'all you can eat' option is still proving to be very popular, and I think word of mouth is spreading. Even my set menu is proving to be popular. Surely I'm not changing the habits of the residents of Calpe! I think winter will be interesting.......

Oh, nearly forgot, I have invented a recipe! It's called 'Jiminestrone' soup! I think you can work out from the name that it is just my adaptation of a minestrone soup, but hey, I need to massage my ego from time to time and name a dish after myself! After all it is my own recipe!

On to tonight... Fish and chip Friday! We were fully booked, managed to turn a couple of tables, (as we did on Sunday), and ended up turning 6 people away and still doing 46 covers. Pretty good methinks! We had a couple in tonight who live in Jalon, (approximately 30 mins drive from us), who live 100 yds from a very well known and successful Fish and chip shop. They drove past it on the recommendation of one of our Friday regulars, and now they have told us they would rather travel the 1 hour round trip to eat at ours. That's really nice to know. Another one of those moments that make you think that what you are doing is all worthwhile.

We have a few bookings for tomorrow night, even with the X Factor in direct competition, and Sunday is virtually full. At this point in time we only have 2 tables left. Things looking good for now.

Tomorrow morning will be another weigh in. I can categorically state that I will have gained weight! After Monday's indulgence and only very gentle exercise this week, I reckon I've probably gained 2 or 3 pounds. I'll let you all know the result in the morning.

I'm off to watch the highlights of the England - San Marino game now, so sleep well all and I will speak to you all very soon

Jimbo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment