Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 188 & 189 - The 6 month weigh in and the most bookings EVER on a Sunday

Saturday morning, and I tentatively stepped in to 'the Beauty Box' for my 6th month weigh in. Diet aside for one minute, I've suddenly realised that I, (a dead ringer for Shrek), have been frequenting an establishment called 'the Beauty Box'! It's tickled me! Back to the weigh in. I remained the same as last time, so after 6 months, I have lost 3 stone 1lb. I will be completely honest, as I always am, and say that it hasn't been difficult at all. Because I am not following a diet and therefore haven't deprived myself of any of 'my favourite things', I really haven't had any dodgy moments. There have been the odd occasions where I have realised that I am 'binging' a little, but I have been able to refocus and get back on track. I aim to continue as I am, and hopefully in the next 6 months lose the same amount of weight as I just have. I am still very focused and when I allow myself the odd 'treat', I make sure that I do a little extra exercise, or eat a little less the following day. We shall see how the next 1/2 a year progresses... The last one has been fun!

Back to work, and a decent Saturday night as Saturday nights go. We had 14 in and 3 chose the Set Menu, yipee! The confit duck went down well again as did my spaghetti with deconstructed pesto. Someone even chose the Roquefort, apple, walnut and rocket salad! What's going on! It's Sunday that I am most chuffed about though...

For the first time EVER, we had 50 bookings for Sunday lunch! There have been times before when we have had a potential 50 bookings, but people have been unwilling to sit at a different time to their preference, and therefore we have lost the booking. Not this week! We try and have no more than 2 tables booked for the same time and stagger the bookings at 15 minute intervals, that way ensureqwfing that the service is the best we can provide. There are occasions where someone will try and book for 13.30 and we will ask if they could make it 13.45. Can you believe that sometimes the answer from the customer is 'oh no, that's far too late to eat lunch'! So yes, through being honest and trying to give the best service we can, we do lose the odd booking. Today though was a different matter altogether. We managed to cajole, plan ahead and turn tables, and fortunately everything went to plan. So, although we have done more than 50 covers in a sitting, we have never had 50 bookings. Must be doing something right. Especially when the restaurant 200 yards up the road from us only serves a Sunday roast from 6pm, as in their words, 'there's no market for a lunchtime trade'. I beg to differ!

So, a day off tomorrow, and I think it will be spent driving down to Alicante to the nearest 'Primark', as I need to purchase some new pants! Its about an hours drive, but we need a duvet as well, so it has to be done! I can also stock up on my spices on the way back at a little place just south of Benidorm. It's nice to venture away from Calpe from time to time, it's just a shame we only get 1 day off in 14 and it has to be spent farting around doing all the things that you can't do on the other 13 days...

I'm off to watch a DVD called 'Red lights', which I believe is a film about the scepticism surrounding psychics. Being a huge Derren Brown fan, it's something that intrigues me, so I will try not to fall asleep during it as I do with most films!

Nite nite
Jimbo x

No comments:

Post a Comment