Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 204, 205 & 206 - My sore bottom!

Before I start, I must show you the front of the cafe. Those following the blog will know of the dispute over the plumber. Remember the wooden boards that covered the mess?... They've gone! But unfortunately, this is what is in its place... Note that we have our tables and chairs out!

They've dug it up again!

I give up! When it's done, it's done....


So, the weekend is over and its back to normality. Although the pavement outside is not at it's most attractive at the moment, we have been pretty busy! We've had people sitting outside for the first time in nearly 2 months and the sun is shining!

I bought a second hand exercise bike on Monday as the pool is almost too cold to swim in at the moment, and I need to keep up with the exercise. My idea is, rather than watch telly like a couch potato, I can watch it while exercising. So with that in mind, I straddled the aforementioned beast and put Eastenders on! I cycled for 30 mins 20 seconds, covered 10 kilometers and burned 370 calories! There was however a downside... Who on earth designs those seats? Do they think we have arses made of concrete! My God, it's uncomfortable! I have just purchased some cycling shorts on line as I am not happy with having to apply 'Sudocrem' to my buttocks every 6 hours!!! I will not be getting back on until the soreness has subsided! Last night, I chose instead to go for a brisk walk/jog. I did more walking than jogging, but nonetheless, got my fat, sore arse out there and managed 25 mins. There are some very steep hills not too far from here, and my calves are pretty tight today! I will be out again later. I am going to try to walk further tonight, but with less hills!

Not much else to report that I can think of, but it's prep day tomorrow, so I should have some pictures etc for you all tomorrow.

Thanks for reading
Jimbo

2 comments:

  1. What????? I don't believe the mentality of those workmen if that's what you call 'em. You must have a Slimbum now then, if you are suffering on that bike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Sanj. A 'slimmer' bum!, but a really sore one!! I have ordered some padded cycling shorts! The seat is like a block of concrete! Didn't realise just how sore it had made me until the morning. Sudocrem everywhere!!!!! How's you?

    ReplyDelete