Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 199 & 200 - Absolute joke! Our road is COMPLETELY closed to cars AND people!!!

What an absolute liberty! Arrived at work this morning to find that the road was closed to both traffic and pedestrians! Effing joke these people. If there is a little high note to all of this, it looks as if the parade will go ahead, (provided of course that the torrential rain that is forecast, stays away...) The roadworks will be 'finished' in time. I write the word 'finished' in inverted commas, as the pavement RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR is to be left as it is for the moment, as the management company who are in charge of the block of flats above us, and the company in charge of the road works, cannot agree as to whose plumber will be doing the job of linking the waste pipes together. (I think that's the longest sentence I have ever typed!)

That may not seem like a major problem to most of you, but believe me, it's serious aggravation for us. Here's a picture of how it's going to be left...


Where the f**k do we put our chairs and tables????? That's just for starters. I wont bother listing all the other difficulties it will cause us, not to mention the eye sore that it is, I will leave it to you to ponder... Two words.... Not happy...

Back to work.. As you can imagine, baring in mind that the road was closed completely, today was virtually a wash out. I need to speak to someone about how we stand from a compensation point of view, but being in Spain, I won't hold my breath.....

 I did my usual prep upstairs, but to be honest my head is filled with so much anger over what is going on outside, that I forgot to take pictures of my creations today. Except that is, for a little rice salad that I knocked up...

It wasn't bad for something I threw together! I also made a smoked mackerel pate, but as I said above, forgot to take a picture. I will try and remember to take a piccy and post it. I may also have invented my second dish to be named after its creator..... 'Smoked Jimackerel Pate'!!!! Okay, okay, I'm only teasing! But, you never know!

It's late, I'm off for a couple of games of 'Songpop' before bed! 

Nite nite
Jimbo


No comments:

Post a Comment