Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A seasonal strawberry fool!

Hello again all you foodies in blog land. I am a little late tonight as I have been watching my beloved Chelsea pull off an amazing win in the Champions League tonight! I am finalising my canapes tomorrow for the lunch on March the 28th, so stand by to be the first to know!
In the meantime, I've been nibbling on a few strawberries tonight and having a think of a nice easy cheapish recipe for you all to try. I have decided on a strawberry fool! It's perfect at this time of year as  strawberries are in season now and are plump, voluptuous and very tasty....just how I like my women!!! Only kidding! So here it is, enjoy & I will speak to you all again tomorrow


As strawberries are in season and therefore relatively cheap, here is a great, easy recipe for you

Ingredients

1 Kg of soft, ripe strawberries. Remove the core part and quarter

·                     juice from 1/2 a lemon

·                     80 g of caster sugar

·                     2 gelatin leaves

·                     250ml of double cream

·                     250 g of natural yoghurt

·                     1 tbsp icing sugar

·                     150ml of whipping cream



Method

Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar.  Cook  for about 15 min, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat.  Mix gelatin in ice-cold water until dissolved.  Pour strawberries into a blender and puree.  Transfer to a large bowl.  Remove the gelatin from the water and squeeze dry, then stir into the puree.  Cover and refrigerate for approx 1/2 hour.  Lightly whip the cream,  stir the yogurt into the puree and then fold in the cream. Divide among six glasses, cover and put in the fridge overnight. To finish the dessert, lightly whip the whipping cream with the icing sugar until it just keeps it shape. Spoon on top of your chilled fools. The key to getting this dessert perfect is  cooking the strawberries......


Nite foodies.... and remember I would urge to try eating lots of different things, but never yellow snow!
Until next time................

3 comments:

  1. great recipe, I will give that a go Jim, I think I can just about manage it without cocking up, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO, yellow snow is the best! :P At least, it is if it's a slush puppie! Great recipe x

    ReplyDelete