Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm back!

Hello foodies I have returned from a couple of lazy nights away from the keyboard! Sorry to have deserted you all, but very busy and very tired and didnt really have much to say so thought I'd give you all a break! But I'm back now so here goes......

I want to first of all remind you about my Facebook page 'Jimbos Food Page' which is slowly but surely growing in numbers and thank all of those who participate. There have been some good questions and advice so far and some not too bad recipies. Keep up the good work.... I'm not very good at self promotion, but on April 1st you will all find out why I'm going to all the effort! Still got you wondering..................., good! All will be revealed soon....

On a seperate note I have decided on the final Canapes for the networking lunch we are hosting next Wednesday. Here they are.......

Home made hummous with chicory leaf
Goats cheese salad, caramelised onion & thyme crostinis
Mini Yorkshire puddings with roast beef and horseradish
White bean & sage puree bruschetta
Mozzarella pearl, cherry tomato and basil sticks
Feta, cucumber, black olive & oregano
Individual caesar salads
Gazpacho shots with vodka and celery
Mini focaccias filled with tapenade, cheese, pancetta, tomato, spring onion & artichoke
Jimbos meatballs with Parmesan
Mini Cheesecakes
Mini pavlovas
and possibly 1 or 2 more

Thanks to all who contributed ideas. If your suggestion is not here it is only because it may have been impractical for the event or quite frankly I thought it was crap! Only kidding, got some good ideas from all the suggestions. Will let you all know how they turned out next Wednesday! I'm off to watch Celebrity Juice now so I will bid you all good night and I will speak to you all tomorrow.

Oooooooh, nearly forgot.......... only 9 days to go until...........................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................
Nite !

2 comments:

  1. Jim, I bet it is going to be great day, you've put heart and soul into it and I know it will be a huge success, just sorry I cannot be there, as I will be away for a couple of weeks, and I have had to cancel, so put my name down for the next 'do', but anyway, I will see you tomorrow, coming for fish and chips with my friends , can't wait, I am blooming starving now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to reading your diary Jim, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete