Friday, March 9, 2012

Canapes!

We have a business luncheon in a couple of weeks time at the restaurant and we are doing some canapes. I have several ideas which I will post below, but would be grateful for some more........ I have a budget of 6€ per head so nothing toooooo expensive! Here's my list and please feel free to comment with some of your own....

Prawn, Chorizo & Cherry tomato on a mini kebab skewer
Parmesan & Rosemary pizzetti
Goats cheese, bacon & caramelised onion mini tartlets with balsamic reduction
Oven roasted Figs stuffed with a little blue cheese and wrapped in Serrano Ham
White bean, sage and garlic puree on bruschetta
Little mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes & basil leaves on a cocktail stick with a little drizzle of basil oil

As its just gone midnight here and we have just had a busy service, (oh, and the wheel on my computer chair has just broken), thats my lot for now. I look forward to seeing your suggestions forthwith!

Take care Foodies and good night
Jimbo

5 comments:

  1. A retro style prawn & crayfish cocktail on a little gem leaf has been proposed by a friend on Facebook......hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. or blitz down some koriander& oil, soak bread without crust in the mix then toast in oven so you get acid green toast serve with a topping of goatscheese and tomato & pineappel chutney/salsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interseting idea Jerry. I have some coriander thats just past its best so I'll give it a try. As I am new to this blogging stuff, can I ask you how you stumbled upon my post?

      Delete
  3. They sound gorgeous, Jimbo, especially the pizzetti. You really should do something with that gorgeous pesto of yours! Maybe slithers of flatbread with pesto and cheese and caramelised onion?? I told you about that before and it's delish- so with that pesto, it will be absolutely bloody gorgeous! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good Serena! Its just hit me that if 50 turn up I'm gonna have to do about 400 canapes!!!

      Delete