Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jimbo's journey.....

Well, Sunday lunch is over again and it seems like only yesterday that I was boring you all to tears with tales of last weeks action! Another full house today so pretty chuffed, but the downside is having to turn customers (therefore wonga) away! The highlight for me this week was my sexy pimped up pork! Once again I was a little concernred that the 'traditionalists' would not be adventurous enough to try it, but I only managed to bring a tiny bit home so it must have been ok! It was just a simple pork loin stuffed with apricots, sage and rosemary and wrapped in streaky bacon, but sometimes I find that the simple can taste fantastic. Got some good comments from the regulars so maybe I shouldn't worry too much! The beef was pretty amazing too if I do say so myself! ;0)

Anyway, on to the important stuff. All my Facebook friends have been invited to my 'event', 'Jimbo's journey' which will be starting on April 1st. Very poignant for me methinks! I will be changing my eating habits for one year to try to a) lose weight and b) regain my cooking creativity which has taken a little nosedive since moving to Spain. Follow my journey via this blog and through Faceboook with 'jimbo's food page'. I will be listing some recipies (feel free to leave me ideas on my Facebook page) and hopefully keeping you all amused and riveted to it on a daily basis. If it interests you, please follow my blog and if you think your friends will be interested tell them all about it. I'd love to take as many people 'with me' as I can. Watch this space!

Good nite all
Jimbo (the hopefully not so fat chef in the coming weeks)!

4 comments:

  1. you've got one follower here Jimbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and another follower! It's gona be great this Jim, looking forward to sharing the experience with you, I need to lose weight, what a great way to do it, amongst friends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, you know you've got my support and if I can help, ever, then you know I'm here for you. This is the start of something good, I can feel it in my bones! Well done for starting- that's half the battle! x

    ReplyDelete