Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 173 & 174 - Fish and chip chaos & Result of the weigh in....

Hola Chicos y Chicas!

Here I am again! Although I actually had things to write about last night, I was so tired that I fell asleep watching the final of  'Celebrity Masterchef'! I must have been tired! I did however, manage to wake up just as they announced the winner! No point watching the recording now!

Yesterday was another mind numbingly boring day downstairs in the cafe. I don't think I really need to show you more photos of the roadworks, and as they are no further along, you would only be looking at the same ones from Thursday anyway! Not doing trade any good at all...

On the positive side, a very busy night in the restaurant for fish & chips. In fact, so busy that half way through service I had to leg it round the corner to the shop to purchase more wine glasses! Gordon Ramsay doesn't know how easy he's got it! Can you imagine him having to leg it over to Harrods because they'd run short of a few glasses at 'Royal Hospital Road'! I think not. So, without an 'F word' in sight, I ran as fast as my rather muscular legs could propel me, grabbed 2 boxes of wine glasses from the shelf, and strode purposefully to the till. Just my luck.... A queue! The sweat is pouring off me. It has gone warmer again and the kitchen as usual is a sauna. Add to that  my 'sprint' up the road and then my urgency to get back to work and you can imagine the drips cascading down my brow. Not only is there a queue, but the person being served is having all their little nick nacks individually wrapped in paper! NO! Why is this happening to me...? I eventually got to the front of the queue, paid and legged it back with a dozen glasses. Life in the real world eh....

Managed to get through the rest of service without a hitch... Phew!

On to today, and half a day off. My first port of call was 'The Beauty Box' for my weekly weigh in. I was very confident of another loss, as I have been feeling lighter and thinner over the past couple of days. I was right to be confident. I had lost 2 more pounds. At last, two successive losses. Slimbo is back! A total loss of 3 stone and 1 lb in just under 6 months. In fact, next week will be 6 months! Wow, that seems to have flown by for me. For you lot, having to read about it every day, it must seem like a lifetime!

Managed to spend a nice few hours being beaten on the Xbox by my 6 year old son, who not only beat me, but had the nerve to take the piss out of me while doing it! He's definitely a chip off the old block!

Tonight's service was a slow one. Only 4 tables tonight. I think it must be a Saturday night TV thing! Too many people at home watching 'Ant & Dec' and X Factor! Talking of which, it's time for me to sit back and watch my recorded X Factor now, followed by Match of the day.

Nite all. I should be back tomorrow with tales of Sunday lunch......

Sleep well
SLIMBO!

No comments:

Post a Comment