Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 166 & 167 - Busy, busy, busy and people ordering off the menu!!

So, Thursday has come and gone and we have been quite heartened by the support of the locals, who don't seem too bothered by the roadworks...

It has been pretty busy, considering that we are 4 tables and 16 chairs short outside, but it's just a shame to think how many more we could have done...

I spent the early part of the afternoon prepping for the 'all you can eat' and set menus. I made a  butternut squash and sage risotto, a mushroom soup, some arancini, potato salad, coleslaw, pasta salad and generaly got everything ready for service. The posh term for it is 'mise en place', but really, it just means getting everything ready! The arancini are simply 'balls' of risotto that are bread crumbed and deep fried, but they taste particularly good, (as long as its a decent risotto to begin with), and I made a little tomato sauce for them to sit on. I was really pleased that 6 people ordered it! Here's a piccy...


I have to say, without blowing my own trumpet, that the butternut squash risotto was amazingly good, and in a strange way, I'm hoping no one orders it so I can take it home!! Here's a piccy. The actual dish that goes to a customer will be a little wetter, but you can get the idea ..




Here's a couple of piccies of the salad bar. You cant really see everything, but it gives you an idea...


Really pleased with the evening service. We had 8 booked, and ended up doing 27, so very happy with that. It was nice to see a few people trying the menu as well. I'm a happy bunny...

On to today... Friday..., fish and chip day! A decent day in the cafe and a VERY good night in the restaurant. We managed 45 covers, which is a sign that the locals are back from Blighty! Long may it continue.

Tomorrow is weigh day and for once I can honestly say that I have definitely NOT lost any weight this week. If I have, it will be a miracle. Although I have been fairly good with my eating habits, I have not done ANY exercise at all this week. The pool has not been fit for swimming, and I have not visited the gym. I am expecting a 3lb gain..

As always, I will let you all now tomorrow. If you cannot wait for the blog, feel free to visit my Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/185455448234743/

Take care peeps
Speak soon
Jimbo


No comments:

Post a Comment