Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 157 - Have the roadworks started yet?.....

Well, once again, I peered round the corner as I approached work, wondering if the road works had started.....

Guess what... NOTHING! Well, unless you count this bloke who removed a loading bay sign...!

So that was the full extent of the 'works' today. A good thing really, as we were quite busy. I'm thinking that when the works actually start for real, we are going to have to open the upstairs restaurant for the cafe clientelle. Time will tell.....

I managed to have a 5 minute chat with my fitness guru, Sam, today and voice my concern that I hadnt lost any weight since I started the training programme. He told me not to worry, as it was perfectly normal. He also said that sometimes its not about the weight loss, its more about body shape. That made me feel better..... With that in mind, I had a fair old swim this afternoon, followed by my work out. I have upped some of the weights as the exercises were getting a little easier, but I still find bicep curls really difficult. I've never really had muscley, (new word!), biceps and I've never really done a job or sport that uses them, so I find curls very hard work! I dont have a problem with the leg exercises, as I've always had pretty strong legs, (they've needed to be, carrying all the weight over the years!), its just the curls....arrrrgh! Don't think I'll be upping the weights on those for a while! On a positive note, my back pain is still there, but seems to have eased a little. :o)

Laura has just made dinner... Beef stew and dumplings! I will not be eating any of the dumplings as they are ridiculously high in fat and calories...



Ok, off to eat my dinner now, and I have a night of poker ahead, so I will bid you all farewell for now and I'll speak to you very soon

Nite nite
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment