Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 154 - The Italians left a review!! And result from weigh in....

Firstly, after whinging for weeks about how hot it has been, I thought I'd let you know that it has drastically dropped down into the high 20's, and I'm delighted by that! Didn't even have the fan on last night....

My day started as it always does on a Saturday, with a trip to the 'Beauty Box' for my weigh in. I was very confident for once, as I knew I had been doing everything I should. I have exercised a lot, I have eaten the right things, I have completely cut out fizzy drinks and so I was hoping for a decent loss. It didnt happen! I remained the same weight.... I'm not going to change anything just yet, as I feel thinner, my clothes are baggier, (is that a word?) and I know I'm doing the right things. If in 2 weeks time I still ahvent lost any more weight, perhaps I will rethink my strategy. Until then , I wont be panicked in to anything hasty....

On to work... A pretty average day after yesterdays madness, both in the cafe today and in the restaurant tonight. The usual 'All you can eat' V 'Set Menu' ensued, and as is normally the case, 'All you can eat' won hands down. Only one customer ordered off the menu! I had changed it a little from Thursday night and put on a new main course. We had a little fish left over from last night, so I decided to do a cod fillet with pancetta and pea puree, served with 'poor man's potatoes'. Once again, I dont know why I bothered, as no one ordered it! Is it me? To me, that dish sounds really nice. A little different to the norm. A little imaginitive. To all my customers, it may as well say 'dog shit' on the menu.........

On a lighter, more heartening note, the 2 lovely Italians who came in on Thursday and said such nice things on the night, have also left a review on TripAdvisor for us  http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187526-d1896877-r138918298-Lauras_at_Westbeach-Calpe_Costa_Blanca_Alicante_Province_Valencian_Country.html


We've has a couple of dodgy reviews recently, so it was nice to get a decent one again. One of the reviewers actually said that our decor was 'seedy and from the 70's'!

 I suppose we are all entitled to our opinions.

Another (Spanish) reviewer complained that they didnt think that our menu, (see below), was value for money at 11.95€ (drink included), as they were used to paying less! I'm virtually giving the food away! How could I do it any cheaper? Toss pots! Here's the menu in question.....

Ok, rant over, its nearly 2am and Sunday lunch is looming, so I'm off to bed

Sleep well all, and I will be back tomorrow

Nite nite
Jimbo

2 comments:

  1. Aw Jimbo, it genuinely isn´t fair. I know how good your chef skills are- you´re a corker in the kitchen! They´ll see sense eventually! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot beleive the comment about the 11.95 menu notbeing good value. Mind you having foolishly sampled an establishment not far from yourself claiming to be the muts nuts I think there were a few Spanish eating in there for a few cents less.

    I hope you can convert a few more people away from the generic menu del dia's available in Calpe. Not that they are all bad but some certainly do a better job than others.



    ReplyDelete