Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 158 & 159 - We're getting busier and still no roadworks!

Not alot happened yesterday (Wednesday), so I decided I would only be boring you all to tears if I blogged, so I didn't!

When I say nthing happened, I really mean it! Work was pretty busy, but nothing to write home about, or even write here about!

Today was a little mre interesting. Thursday is prep day for me, so at around 11am, I leave the cafe to go upstairs to 'my office'! I had some pork loin that I didnt use n Sunday, so decide to stuff it with sage, apricots and some chopped mixed nuts and then wrap it in bacon. It was a toss up between apricots or peaches, but I had the apricots already, so they won! I have done the dish a couple of times for Sunday lunch, and it seems to go down well, so I thought I'd stick it on the set menu and see what happened. Here it is and the rest of the menu too!

The pork before it went in the oven......

 
and then on the plate.......
 

I sometimes wonder if we are too cheap.............................
 




We had  26 in tonight and 6 of those chose the set menu. We sold a portion of everything and the feedback was very good! I was really pleased that we sold a couple of fish pies as I put a lot of effort into it! Here's a piccy. Not the most flattering picture, but here it is any way!


All in all, I was really pleased with all the food tonight and although I forgot to take a picture, the pasta with cream and mushroom sauce was pretty damn sexy! Due to its calorie and fat content, I only had a little taste, but I could have eaten the lot! In general, the night went well, until the fuse kept continuosly tripping,and as we were busy, it was difficult to isolate the problem. Something has burnt out somewhere and the electrics in Spain are from the dark ages, so gonna have to call an electrician in the morning.

The morning is also the first day back at school for Harrison after 12 weeks off, so I better be off in a mo for some much needed sleep!

Nearly forgot to mention that we inherited a rabbit today, from a lady who could no longer look after it. He's called Eric and has settled in well with the 2 guinea pigs, 2 tortoises, 2 fish and Maisie the dog! Our house is becoming a mini zoo!

Before I forget, I must plug the book I am currently reading. Its called 'Humble Pie', and it is the life of Gordon Ramsay. I cant put it down. A must read. Thank you Kerrigan for the recommendation...

Sleep well peeps and I'll speak to you all very soon
Jimbo

2 comments:

  1. Sitting here with a bit of a hangover and I'm starving. Looking at those pictures ain't helping much Jim as it all looks great.

    I come in from the pub last night and made my siganture dish last night, a fried egg sandwich. Going to do a little bbq at tea time as weather ok today. Going to head of to shops now for a few things, my aim is to roast some peppers that taste as good as the ones I had in Laura's the other week. Will let you know how I get on.


    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ian. HOpe the hangover has gone? I love fried egg sandwiches!! Thanks for your kind words again. Hope the BBQ went well and you got the peppers how you wanted them. Nice to see that the weather in the North East is still good enough for BBQs in September! Speak soon

    ReplyDelete