Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 168 & 169 - Results from the weigh in and a Full house for Sunday lunch

So, off I trotted to be weighed yesterday morning, full of dread at the prospect of not losing weight again for the 4th successive week. I needn't have worried. Somehow, I managed to lose 2lbs! I find it strange that this week I have done no exercise at all and lost weight, and yet, last week, I exercised like a nutter and gained 1lb.... Still, its a loss and I'm going in the right direction again. Also on a positive note, the pool seems to have corrected itself, so I'll be able to swim again this week...


Considering the roadworks, work was pretty okay again, and last night we had MORE people ordering off the menu and thoroughly enjoying it! Twice in one week...surely not!

Although pretty late in the evening, I managed to prep some stuff for this weekend's Sunday Lunch menu, which I have posted for you to see...


So, on to today, (Sunday), and a fully booked restaurant for lunch! Finally, the regulars are back, and the sun has been a little less harsh recently. Its good to see the place rocking again!

As you can see from the menu, we had made a  Bread and butter pudding for one of the desserts, and although Laura didn't like my choice of bread, I felt it was perfect! Not that I had any..., well, maybe a little bit! Laura likes to use brioche when she makes it, but I think this picture tells you that my choice was a good one!

I made a mushroom soup , (on a par with Minestrone as my current favourite soup), and a tomato, rocket, red onion and Parmesan salad for the 2 starters. Here's what they looked like...


I was surprised at how well they both sold...

For one of the mains, I had marinated a leg of lamb overnight in some wine, rosemary & mint and slowly braised it for 3 hours. I forgot to take a picture of the finished dish, but here it is sitting in its marinade...




It was bloody hard work today, but lunch went extremely well, and we are already half full for next Sunday...

 So that's it. The weekend is over, and I'm off for a good kip!

Nite nite all, speak soon
Slightly slimmer Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment