Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 170, 171 & 172 - The Pool is finally done!, but the roadworks continue....

Hello! It's me! I'm still alive!

I've not been on for the last couple of days, as to be honest, I've had nothing much to report! Today has been a little more interesting than the last 2, so I shall tell you all about it.....

Well, as ever, I arrived at work, wondering how things were 'progressing' with the roadworks... Here are some pictures for you. Perhaps you can see just how far they HAVEN'T got...






So this is what it has looked liked outside our front door for the last 2 days, and this was the view from our front door at 10am this morning... Enjoy the film!!



 You can probably work out from these pictures that we could be busier!

I spent most of the day upstairs, prepping for tonight's festivities. Here's tonight's menu...



As is usually the case, the majority of diners opted for the 'All you can eat' option, but I was chuffed to be able to serve the confit of duck leg. I had been toying for sometime with putting it on, and just kept thinking that it would be a waste of time, but finally decided to put it on the menu tonight. I served it with a canellini bean and bacon 'succotash'. Although not technically a succotash, I cant think of any other way to describe it! Here's what the finished dish looked like.. I have to say I'm very pleased with it.

I tried a new soup with pasta and lentils today. It may not be the best looking soup in the world, but I was surprised at how good it tasted. I added a little fresh mint at the end and it gave it a certain something....

So, that's it ! Not much has happened over the last few days, so I'll be back when I next have news for you!

Hasta la vista baby!
Jimbo

2 comments:

  1. So the chaos continues Jim, keep your spirits up fella.
    On a seperate note that soup looks fantastic, really light and healthy. Mind you being the greedy sod I am I'd want a good few bits of bread to go with it as well !!

    My guilt for getting the all you can eat continues Jim, hopefuly I can put that right when we come over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian,

    Don't feel guilty mate, I fully understand your reasons for the 'All you can eat!' Would love for you to try some of my food if you come back! Can you believe I am yet to open either of the 'Four four Two's' yet.. They are sitting on my bedside table, but every time I go to read one, I fall asleep! Will definitely read them soon. Good to hear from you fella, I'm off to watch MOTD! Speak soon.....

    ReplyDelete