Sunday, March 3, 2013

Days 325-332 Another week flies by!

Here I am again!

It's been a pretty busy week this week. Work has seemed to pick up another 30% and apart from Thursday, every day ticked over nicely. After a little chat with staff and a couple of customers last week, we decided that as our 'poncy' starters were not going down too well on Sundays, we would tone them down a little. I asked what people thought we should be doing, and the overwhelming response was pate! So, after much soul searching, I decided to give it a whirl! This weeks starters were a minestrone soup and chicken liver pate. If you know me at all though, you'll know that it wasn't just a chicken liver pate done the conventional way! I remember that the last time I made it, although it was 'nice', it lacked that certain something. I wasn't too sure what, but I knew it needed another dimention. So, I decided on Cranberry sauce! I knew it needed a sweetness, but I didn't want it coming from sugar. Got to say it worked a treat! Had some very good feedback from the customers as well. Think it might have to go in the book! I still think I can get more flavour in there, so I will have a think. I must remember though that at the end of the day it is a chicken liver pate, so I have to stay as close to its roots a s possible. Yeah, right!

A decent week then financially, but alas, Laura has to go to the dentist tomorrow and our dog Maisie has an appointment with the vet, so looks like most of it will be gone! Joking aside, I think she may not be coming back from the vets... :(  She is nearly 13, which for a labrador is pretty old. She suffers with arthritis and is very weak. We will see what the vet has to say.

Can't get my head in the right place for weight loss at the moment. I'm not putting any weight on,I'm just not doing enough to lose any......... At the end of the month I have my yearly weigh in, so I really need to pull my finger out.

I have an idea for my din dins tonight...... I have brought home a couple of cooked lamb shanks from work and although I am in the mood for lamb, I'm not in the mood for a roast, so I'm going to strip the meat from the bone, shove it in a pitta with a little rocket, yoghurt and harissa and eat it as a kebab! Happy days!

I'm off now, but I hope to be back soon. Thanks for reading

Jimbo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment