Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 365!- My weight loss after 1 year. It's been 1 year today!! Can't believe it!!

My God, where has the time gone. I started this blog, and my new eating regime exactly 1 year ago. I seriously can't believe it's gone so quickly.

For those of you who have been following me, firstly, I'd like to say a huge thank you for your interest and support. I think that by the end of this evening I will have 12000 views. It doesn't take much to work out that equates to approximately 1000 views per month, so again, a very big thank you to you all. Secondly, I must offer my apologies to those of you who were following my weigh loss journey. I have gone off the radar a little since the end of last year. I can give loads of excuses, but it all boils down to one thing..... I'm just really finding it hard to dedicate the time and energy into the whole blogging, recipe posting, eating thing at the moment. There are some contributory factors though. If this time last year you had told me that we would have moved house and closed our restaurant and started a new venture, I would have laughed at you. The change in our life has been huge. We now get even less time to ourselves than before and so on the odd occasion I get time to sit down and type, there are times that I just can't be bothered. That may seem like a limp excuse, even bordering on lazy, but it's the truth. The one thing I have always been on this journey is truthful and I will continue to do so.

On to positive things and the future...

I have had my yearly weigh in. Although not at my old stomping ground, 'The Beauty Box', as it is very difficult to get over there now since we moved location. We have only moved about a mile up the road, but the whole logistical thing has changed and it's not easy to commit to it every week. So, I purchased some scales and got my fat arse on them! If you are expecting a huge loss, then I am about to disappoint you. When I began my weight loss regime, I weighed  rather embarrassingly heavy 20 stone and 6 pounds. At this mornings weigh in I weighed 17 stone 6 pounds. So a total loss of 3 stone in the last year. It's nowhere near where I wanted to be at this point, but I can't be too disheartened. This year has flown by so quickly that if at this point in a years time I had lost another 3 stone, I would have reached my goal. I am pleased that although I haven't lost any weigh really since September, for the first time ever, I haven't put all my weight back on. I'm so pleased that it kind of proves my theory that 'diets' only work while you are on them. If I had been on a diet and not followed it properly since September, I guarantee you that I would be an awful lot heavier than I am now. Because I am sticking to my eating habits in principal, (I haven't been 100% rigid), I have not put any weight on. Due to my complete lack of exercise for the last 3 months, neither have I lost any!

Now that the pool is up to 19/20C, I really have no excuse not to start swimming again. It's still a little cold, but very doable! We have also managed to sell some of the catering equipment that we had stored up in the gym area of the garden, so tomorrow I will be sorting out my multigym for action. The padded cycling shorts will make a timely reappearance, and the cross trainer is primed!

I am sincerely going to make a conscious effort to restart my whole program again as I believe that the fact that I am not following the regime has something to do with the fact that my blogs have dropped off and my food pics have become less and less. I need to immerse myself back into the swing of it. I think one leads to the other and so on etc...

I also aim to get my book firmly underway again. I have been conjuring up some new recipes and my hunger to get it finished is back......

Enough of that. On to everyday life.

Work is chugging along nicely. Bit by bit we are building our little empire at Saffy's and seeing more and more old faces along the way. We still haven't found the magic formula just yet, but we're working on it. The food seems to be going down well and I'm starting to get used to life without my oven!

We have a new addition to the family. His mane is 'Rolo'! He's chocolate brown and was the last one in the litter, so that explains the name! After the loss of our gorgeous dog, Maisie, 3 weeks ago, we didn't think we were going to have another dog for a while. Then this little fella came along.......


Okay, that's it for now. I am genuinely gonna try and get back into the habit of blogging every day or two and getting my fat arse back on the exercise trail. Watch this space.

Nite all. Take care. Sleep well and thanks for reading

Jimbo xx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment