Monday, March 18, 2013

Days 323-338

Has it really been two weeks since I last blogged? Shame on me. Time just seems to fly by these days. Things happen and I think to myself, ' I must blog about that tonight', then I forget, get home late, and fall into the trap of the television and on line poker. I keep telling myself that I need to blog daily again and post new recipes and ideas etc, but although a circumstance and not an excuse, we are working so many hours now that sometimes it's hard to find the motivation. In fact, I've been putting this off for most of the evening now!

Tomorrow is a new beginning again for me. I am going to make a conscious effort to lose some more weight again, do more exercise and get back some discipline in my life. No, not bondage or anything like that!, just a more disciplined day with regards to consciously thinking about what I'm doing, eating, exercise etc. The pool temperature is creeping up towards 20C, so I'm gagging to get back in for my daily swim. We've also managed to sell some of our old catering stuff that was stopping the gym from being used, so I can start on that as well. It's just finding the time really.

Food wise its been going ok at work, although this week it didn't pick up until Saturday. Boy did it pick up though. Had a crazy day! It didn't stop from about 11 in the morning until 9.30 that evening. Sunday was not the busiest for Sunday lunch, but was busy in general, so not too bad a day. It's a shame because last Sunday was really busy. It also is a bit mind blowing that one week it's full on, and the next it's the complete opposite. It's also very difficult to know how much meat and veg etc to order for Sunday. When you have loads of bookings, its easy. When you have few bookings, it's pure guess work! We're still finding our feet at Saffy's and slowly but surely some of our old customers are returning, so still a work in progress, but one that I'm sure will go from strength to strength. Due to popular demand, I have been doing pate as one of the Sunday starters. It started with just a plain  chicken liver pate, then became a chicken liver and cranberry pate in week 2 and this week I came up with a bacon, wild mushroom, cream and chicken liver pate. You know I was just never going to serve up the same pate every week! Not sure what to do this week, so if you have any pate suggestions, feel free to let me know! I'll even mention you in my next blog!

A bit of sad news recently. Our gorgeous Labrador, Maisie, had to be put to sleep last week after we found out she had a huge tumour on her liver which had given her hepatitis and peritonitis. She was nearly 13. It's really weird now coming home and not seeing her waiting at the gate with her tail wagging :0(
Still, on a lighter note, at least I wont tread in any shit when I come home from work in the dark!Miss you Maisie, sleep well xx
xx
xx

Thanks for reading, and I'll be back soon!
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment