Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Days 365 - 388 - No more weight loss (or gain).....

I'm back again! So much for me trying to blog every other day! I think it's a mixture of not having so many hours in the day anymore to find time to sit and type, added to the fact that the food I am cooking is pretty basic stuff and so I'm not taking the same amount of photos that I used to. Who's gonna get turned on by a picture of a steak, (apart from me)....

I haven't been particularly creative at work recently as there is not much call for my sort of grub here, but I have decided to use the quiet moments at work to try out some dishes. I've sorted out a couple more recipes for the book, but now I cant find my 'Microsoft Office' CD to load on my netbook, so still finding things frustrating for the mo. I'll get snapping again soon and upload them here.

After a couple of pretty busy weeks, it's gone a little quiet for the last two, but we soldier on. In fact, last week was the worst week we've had since we started here. Hopefully, it;s the lull before the storm.... We did have 1 highlight this week though, which was a table of 33 booked for breakfast on Sunday morning. Of all the mornings to have a large party booked in for brekky, Sunday has to be the worst! It didn't make it easier when instead of turning up at 11am as booked, they turned up at 11.40, only 50 minutes before our Sunday lunch service begins. I suppose that unless you have experience in running a restaurant, you wouldn't understand the ramifications (sorry about the poncy word). Suffice to say that if you can imagine that Sunday mornings are pretty hectic on a 'normal' day, think about the logistics of cooking 33 breakfasts and then washing up 33 plates and all the cutlery, then wrapping the cutlery in serviettes in 50 minutes, while trying to be ready for Lunch. It wasn't fun!

Been doing a little exercise recently and will be stepping it up over the next few days, but no more weight loss.......yet.......

I'm off for now as I have some asparagus soup simmering away and it needs blitzing!

Speak to you all soon with some pictures and recipes

See ya
Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment