Sunday, December 2, 2012

Days 241 - 245 - I've been stealing!!!!!

I'm back again! Not much to report as Calpe has been a bit of a ghost town this week.

We had a fund raising event at the restaurant on Wednesday in aid of a local dog charity which was organised by Laura. It went pretty well and some much needed money was raised. Although the road is STILL closed off to traffic, many people turned up to support the cause, so a big thank you to them. It was great success and if we weren't undertaking our new business venture, I am sure we would have organised another. Who knows, maybe we will anyway...

Back to work..... It's been an awful month, (November always is), and Calpe is currently like a ghost town. The road works are still continuing and I have to tell you that the road they have only just laid is being pulled up again!! Guess what.... I don't give a flying hoot!!! They can work on the bloody road forever now, I really don't care!! Roll on Christmas Day! Roll on new business venture! Roll on the roadwork free zone! Here's a piccy just to show you what utter muppets they are.....


Adios muppetos!

So financially, even though we had a decent Friday and Sunday, it's been a pretty difficult month for us, which really has reinforced the fact that we are doing the right thing in making the move. Time will tell, but noting ventured, nothing gained. Got to take a gamble in life, or you just stagnate. If it goes 'tits up', at least we tried. Better to have tried and failed than to have not tried at all.......... Can't think of any more cliches at this point!

Doom and gloom over, and it's on to the weather! It's bloody freezing!! I'll tell you how cold it is.... I wore tracky bottoms to work today! I genuinely cannot remember the last time I was not wearing shorts! I'm pleased I wore them too, as when we arrived for work yesterday evening, the internal oven temperature was 8C. The kitchen was probably a degree or two below that. Stark contrast to the 50C temperatures of just 3 months ago.


At home it's even colder! Although we have central heating, we have a problem with the workings etc, so until it gets looked at, the house is a fridge. In Spain they don't insulate their houses as most of the time it's hot and it would be silly to retain too much heat, so you can imagine how cold it gets! We have a real fire in the living room, but it only really heats the living room and the rest of the house gets no benefit. When we breathe, you can see the steam coming out of our mouths! We have found an old gas bottle fire in the garage, so we are using that now too! The funniest bit for me is... the price of firewood here is extortionate (130€ per cubic meter), so we have been stealing the wooden pallets that the block paving has been delivered on for the roadworks! Soon as they stop for their numerous breaks, I nick 'em and chuck 'em in the car!! Gotta get something back from those muppets!

I didn't get weighed this week, as I had too much to do, so I am now going to do it bi - weekly! I am hoping to acquire a 2nd hand cross trainer this week, so I will be upping the exercise in time for the next weigh in! 

Okay, I'm off to put the little fella to bed now, so I will speak to you all again very soon.

Take care
Jimbo 




No comments:

Post a Comment