Monday, February 4, 2013

Days 306 - 312 A few pictures for you to look at...

So, another week has passed and things are still going well at Saffy's. Considering its Jan/Feb, the two quietest months of the year, we can't complain.

Although we didn't quite scale the heights of last week, it was another decent Sunday. The final total was 39 covers, which although was 20 short of last week, it was only 6 short of the Sunday lunch total. Strange this week as the only orders we had were for Sunday lunch. Last Sunday we had orders for breakfasts, burgers, sandwiches etc.

I made a Greek salad for one of the starters, the other being home made mushroom soup, and once again I was very pleased with the amount of people who ordered it. I had made some hummus from scratch and served it with pitta. Here's a peek at it...


Now, I know that most of you don't get as excited by silly foody things as me, but I feel I need to share this with you. I can't believe that I have been cooking for this long now without even thinking about doing this before. Although I've used this method to get that yucky bit of stalk out of tomatoes, I had never used it to get the watery goo out of the middle of a cucumber before. It saves cutting the cucumber down the middle and scraping it out with a spoon. Here it is... Just a simple apple corer....


I knew it wouldn't excite you that much, but it does it for me!

A few of this week dinners for you to have a look at......

Firstly, just a simple pasta with basil, pine nuts and Parmesan...


...and an omelette I made in the middle of the week by using up some things in the fridge that needed eating. I used some shredded red cabbage, some sliced mushrooms, spring onion and coriander. Here it is in stages...





Gotta tell ya....., it made a very nice change from the bog standard omelette. Give it a try, you'll be surprised!

I made a Thai inspired broth in the week with ginger, spring onion, prawn, chicken, noodles, coconut milk, chilli, coriander and a little chicken stock. The picture below does not do it justice...




I started going for a walk before work this week and I thought I'd share some of the sights with you...







Strangely, I'm quite enjoying my morning walks and think they will continue for some time!

Well, that's about it for now, I hope to have some more riveting news for you soon. Otherwise, I will just keep on spouting this rubbish to you all!

Take care, speak soon
Jimbo



No comments:

Post a Comment