Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Days 229 - 234 Busy Friday, Busy Sunday, but Thursday and Saturday a little quiet. Oh, and they've dug the bloody road up AGAIN...

I haven't blogged for a while, so here is the last 6 days news for you all to peruse! I will quickly start by telling you that they've just dug the bloody road up AGAIN. Yes, only 4 weeks after laying it, its up again. Don't know what the heck they're doing... Some pictures to help set the scene for you...



 Absolute joke. There is nothing more to say on this subject. Well, at least until I whinge about it again next week!

Back to the Friday of last week. A decent day in the cafe for November and a good night in the restaurant for  fish and chips. Really hate doing the whole fish and chip thing, but it pays the bills. Well, some of them anyway!

Saturday was desperately quiet both in the restaurant and the cafe, so nothing to report there. Nearly forgot to report that I gained 3lbs this week. Not sure how, not sure why, but sure as hell gonna shift it this week!

Sunday started off as a bit of a worry as we only had 14 bookings. Doesn't sound too bad having 14 bookings, but we're used to having it in the 20's. The problem I face on a Sunday morning is not knowing how much food to cook. How much of the 25 kilos of potatoes do I cook for the roasties? How much for the mash? How many Yorkshire puddings do I cook. How much of the 5 kilo piece of Topside do I cook? How much of the 3.5 kilo piece of Pork Loin do I cook? It goes on.... We always get phone calls on Sunday morning asking for tables, and we always have people just turning up on the day, but it's still a dilemma when the bookings are down.

I took the decision to cook the lot, and fortunately it paid off. We ended up being full! I have decided just to cook the lot now every week irrespective of the booking situation. I hate waste, but if there are any leftovers, they always end up getting eaten at home!

So far this week has been pretty quiet in the cafe, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. I will update you all with news as soon as it happens!

Nite nite
Jimbo xx

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been blogging for a while sorry. Just don't know where the time has gone, which is a good thing I suppose. Anyway hope you are all ok. I can't believe they are digging the road up..... once more..... how many more times???? They must be bored or just mad!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete