Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 223, 224,225,226 - 10,000 views on my blog!


So, after whizzing round the supermarket first thing on Saturday morning, I popped over to the 'Beauty Box' for my weekly weigh in before work. I felt lighter and was very confident of a loss. I was right to be confident, as I had lost 3lbs! Yipee, I have finally started losing weight again. I had been on the exercise bike on Tuesday and Wednesday night and managed 10km each time, but man flu set in on Thursday, so I was too achy and run down to attempt it again that week. In fact, tonight, (Tuesday) is the first time I had been back on the bike since and I managed 8km before having enough. Although I feel better than last week, it hasn't completely cleared yet...

On to work...

Not only have they STILL not finished the paving outside, but they've now stuck some fencing up where we have been temporarily  putting our chairs and tables whilst we have no pavement! I think the young ones out there use the phrase WTF! Absolutely ridiculous...




So, although no one can currently sit outside our cafe AGAIN, we were pretty busy on Saturday. I say pretty busy, we ticked over nicely... It was a quiet night in the restaurant though. November is notoriously the quietest month of the year, and this year is no different!

Sunday's never disappoint though, and this week was no exception. Once again we were full and we didn't even manage to take any leftovers home! I suppose it's a good thing that a) we sold out of food, and b) I didn't have to fight the temptations of roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings etc. 

The last 2 days at work have been pretty much a wash out, both financially and weather wise. I spend a lot of my time winding up old mates in England about how great the weather is here, but at the moment, Calpe seafront might as well be Blackpool, Brighton, Hastings, Torquay or any other seaside resort back home. Its horrible here at the moment and the forecast is not much better for the next week or so! To show you how bad it is, here's a short video that Laura took from the car whilst I braved the weather and collected Harrison from school!...

I've only lived here for 3 1/2 years, but this is definitely the worst I've seen it. Spain has virtually no drainage, so the roads are under inches of water and everything gets flooded!

Okay, that's about it for now, I hope to bring you some more news soon. Can't say too much, but may have some interesting news at the end of the week............. ;0)

Take care all, thanks for reading, and speak to you all soon

Slimbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment